Here’s another case study format for our past SEO projects.
This one was most requested in my last case study post comments
Hope this helps or give some extent of knowledge for your projects.
Do let me know your thoughts on the same.
– The client was a real estate agent- The client had developed a new website (3-month-old) with Exact Match Domain for the targeted real estate project.
Service Approached for:- SEO / Search Engine Optimisation
What did the client ask for? / The Challenge:
– Over three months period, our challenge was to:
1. Get ranked for the top 2 keywords for the project (Volume: 1,100/mo | CPC: Rs143 | Competition: 0.53 – Tool: Keywords Everywhere)2. Ensure steady traffic growth and increase organic website traffic each month.3. Grow unique visitors via organic search by 30-50%
Our Strategy/ Execution:
1. We started on with the audit process, including SEO Audit, Website Audit & Competitor Analysis.2. We discussed and analyzed their USP & how they differ from other events.3. We narrow down all the pointers which can be done for them and suitable for their website.4. We started with Keywords research and shortlisted ten keywords to work on.5. Segregated the keywords into primary and secondary.6. Primary keywords to be closely related to the project, project + region. (based on search volume & competitiveness)7. And secondary keywords to be generic user search terms in their industry, which should be focused on the blog section.8. Then before incorporating the keywords, we asked their developer to look onto the Technical fixes and optimization (desktop & mobile)9. After a week and technical fixes, we started with on-page optimization, including title, meta tags, image, content, etc.10. Revamp the whole content format on the website and optimized the CTAs for ease access11. Added a WhatsApp icon for faster sales closure. This was still a new concept and had not been tested by many of the competitors at that time.10. At lastly with the off-page website promotion activities.
We also executed below activities for better results
– Activated all social channels, especially with a focus to build a loyal audience on the Facebook and Instagram page- We also re-uploaded the project video on our YouTube channel with tweaks to highlight our contact info and optimized it for better search exposure- In off-page activities, we tried focusing more on the forums and communities, where there was an active conversation happening on the project or location topic
Results over the 3 to 6 months period (JUN 2018 – AUG 2018) exceeded all targets:
1. We got ranked on the 1st page for both the two primary keywords which were requested by the client2. Organic traffic increased by 200%
The Issue We Faced:
– This was the period where we were still on the initial phase of your business, and our focus was to build our portfolio for different services.- Bottom line we were quoting very less for our services.- And this project was a challenge, as we were promised to get more SEO projects for their real estate sites.- The client did not clear our payment for the 3rd month due to the rankings were not achieved, but we believed in our strategy and activities, so we continued with the same.- Finally, we got the positive results by 4th month, and we got back to the client for the closure.
My Understanding and Analysis:
1) This made us realize that I have to make sure the SEO deliverables are appropriately conveyed to clients on the documents and mail, and not just on a verbal agreement.2) Any time you’re trading something (services, blog posts, your time) for money, you must put your agreement in writing3) You should have all the processes ready from contract signing, the scope of work, client onboarding, payments, invoice generation, etc.2) Now, whenever I get a new inquiry for SEO, I spend more time analyzing the expectation from us and ask to invest in SEO only if they have got a longterm investment and trust us for the results.